Owens: Life

The journey through Daniel and Brittny's lives.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

We were married on December 17th, 2005 and have enjoyed every minute of it :) We had our first child, Isabella July 15, 2010. We couldn't be happier!! We love life to it's fullest and love God with all our hearts! We are pretty much the coolest people you will ever meet :) We get along with pretty much anyone. Daniel is a born and raised Washington Redskins fan, and Brittny is a born and raised Dallas Cowboys fan (Crazy I know) We are pretty much opposites on everything except for our love of each other and our daughter, I think thats what makes our relationship work so well.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Waking the Dead or Cleaning the Corpse?

While I haven’t been very surprise by the massive amounts of negative feedback from my blog, what has surprised me is how much I have been accused of saying things that I haven’t actually said. I am not sure if it is because I’m wrong or because I’m crossing some unwritten line…

It is interesting that as I have been studying the New Testament for the last eight or so years (yeah I know I’m a rookie) I continue to miss the currently emphasized ‘must’ doctrines and see some Scriptural ‘musts’ that are nowhere to be found in today's 'musts'.

I’ve noticed that there are no instructions in the New Testament on how to vote, what policies Christians should hold or anything that tells us how to be a good citizen of our nation but yet I’m supposed to act as if it is so clear. The USA Today reports that the sale of guns have skyrocketed since the election of Pres. Obama. I can’t help but wonder how many of these people are supposed to be Christians? (I know a few of them) Jesus and his apostles ministered under Emperors much more wicked then Obama could ever be but the New Testament tells us to leave room for the wrath of God. The New Testament tells us that the oath of loyalty to Jesus as (supreme) Lord is the result of the Spirits work. Why does the current Pres. worry us so much? I thought our Lord is Lord of Lords? Is it because some of us think that the Republican party is God’s minister or Jesus' right hand? Remember Paul stated that the governments are the ministers of God -- during the reign of the Emperor!

Maybe we are guilty of misunderstanding the result of Jesus’ resurrection? Jesus’ death (and our baptism into it) is supposed to mean that that world is dead. Our task is supposed to be to bring life to dead bodies (and such)through the power of the Spirit and not to put makeup on the embalmed (legislation).

The way we are treating the whole homosexual rights agenda sure smells like our faith is in our power to reorganize this chaotic world back into Genesis 1 instead of looking forward to the redemption of our bodies (you know where there will be no male or female). Jesus was not scarred to go to Samaria or Sidon but we are scarred that San Francisco will come to us. THIS IS NOT GOOD! Homosexuals do not anger God any more then the so-called family rights party that applauds our President for attacking nations who never attacked us! Or for the same party that refuses to hold themselves accountable for the war and instead want to chant, “THE SURGE WORKED!” (Well so did Hiroshima and Nagasaki but we should focus on Iraq's WWMDs.) You know they say, “we have to learn to fight wars in new ways,” all that means is that war is no longer a last resort! It is now a policy! Final question: Would it be better to fight the war on poverty with this much zeal? Or what about a war on injustice? (I wonder why we don’t?)

If we want to hold leaders accountable we should first hold the ones we voted for accountable.

Daniel
(I'm sure there is bad grammar and such but hey, its a blog!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I hope all the negative comments don't stop you from doing them. There's nothing better than reading well put together arguments and opinions. And yours were a lot more reasonable than I realized. Keep it up!

November 12, 2008 at 10:47 PM  
Blogger Brad Shull said...

Thanks for this one man.

I needed to read this today.

November 16, 2008 at 5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home