Owens: Life

The journey through Daniel and Brittny's lives.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, TX

We were married on December 17th, 2005 and have enjoyed every minute of it :) We had our first child, Isabella July 15, 2010. We couldn't be happier!! We love life to it's fullest and love God with all our hearts! We are pretty much the coolest people you will ever meet :) We get along with pretty much anyone. Daniel is a born and raised Washington Redskins fan, and Brittny is a born and raised Dallas Cowboys fan (Crazy I know) We are pretty much opposites on everything except for our love of each other and our daughter, I think thats what makes our relationship work so well.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend Update

So my weekend DID NOT go according to plan, but I did get some stuff done.

Lily’s blanket – check
Isabella’s blanket started – check
Hospital bag – nope not done
Hair cut – check

Oh and a couple other things did happen
Rear-ended – check
Parent’s car died on me – check

So, Friday night I really wanted Red Lobster for dinner so my sister-in-law took me! It was SO YUMMY!! Saturday was a lazy day, I finished Lily’s blanket, started Isabella’s and just laid on the couch and watched TV. We had a family thing at Daniels moms house at 4:00P, so we got ready and headed over there. We were on the highway when all of the sudden everyone is slamming on their breaks (for no reason – really). Daniel slams on his and I just waited for the person to crash into us, and sure enough within seconds a car slams into the back of us. It just jolted us, and no one was hurt. But of course the guy did not have insurance OR a drivers license, he did have a TX ID so we have a copy of it. He was 19 and his car was done, ours had a few bums and bruises but not half as bad as his.

Here is his car:


I will get one of ours later.

THEN Sunday I skipped church to go get my hair done, (my hair lady doesn’t work on Sundays so she can do my hair at her house for half the price, so this is why I skipped church! But her air condition wasn’t working so I met her up at her the salon). Well, on my way to the salon, I get off the highway and start taking a loop-around and my parents car starts locking up on me. The steering wheel gets really hard to turn and the car feels like I am pressing the breaks. So that’s what I thought, I thought I had confused the gas pedal with the break pedal, so I tapped the other pedal and realized nope I am pressing the gas and this car is about to die on me! So then I begin to say please God let me make this loop, please God let me make this loop. If I died on the loop I would have blocked up SO MUCH traffic, luckily I barely made it off the loop and just far enough up so cars could pass me. So then I proceed to call my mom, no answer – then my dad, no answer I know Daniel wont answer his phone because its praise and worship time and he is playing drums and wouldn’t hear or feel his phone. So I call my mom and dad over and over again, and I know they are in church too and probably wouldn’t feel/hear their phones. A couple pulls over to try and help me but they couldn’t, then a police officer pulls over and he thinks the car is out of gas (my parents gas reader-thing doesn’t work, so they go by miles so according to the miles the car should have had gas). So the police officer takes me to get a gas, we get back and put the gas in the car and the car still doesn’t start. UGH! I still haven’t gotten a hold of anyone, besides my hair dresser so she comes to my rescue. FINALLY I get a hold of Daniel and he leaves church to come help me, but he is like 45 minutes away! The police officer says to try and jump it and if that doesn’t work then we will have to tow it (we were at a busy intersection) so they close the road so my hair dresser can turn her car around and try and jump start my car, and it works!! Her and I go to the salon and I proceed to get my hair cut, and Daniel meets me there. We go out to the car wondering if it is going to start and it does!! Daniel drives their car and I follow him in our car. We are driving down the road and all of the sudden Daniel gets out of the fast lane, and if you know Daniel you know something is wrong if he is getting out of the fast lane. So immediately I knew the car was dying again, he was able to make it to a safe shaded place; we try and jump it and nothing. So I call my dad and tell him we might need to tow it, him and my mom come out and my Dad and Daniel work on the car for 30-45 minutes and they cant get it, finally dad says lets just try and put more gas in it. And then it works!! My parents take the car right to the gas station and fill it up, some how the miles got messed up and it was out of gas the whole time!! All that for some gas!! By this time I was ready for the weekend to be over and to be safely back at work :-)

Fun Weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home